Monday, December 29, 2014

DIY 2015 New Year's Eve Banner

Hello Creative Friends!

It has been awhile since I last posted here on Sadie Inspired, but I hope your holidays were full of sparkle and cheer. My Christmas was blessed, busy, full of love AND over in a blink of an eye. How about yours? I still can't believe that 2015 is coming at us in a couple days. Wow! 

As I begin (and I mean BEGIN...it takes me daaaaays) to pack away all my holiday decor, I thought it would be fun to share a 2015 banner I made using some me & my BIG ideas goodies, ribbon, and some cracker boxes. It was quick, easy and can bring a bit of festive happiness to New Year's Eve.


What you will need: old card board box (thin), mambiSHEETS Black & White Trendy Graphic, Gold Rush Jumbo Alphas, white doilies, vellum, mambiSHEETS Gold Rush, black ribbon, Gold Glitter Scrolls from mambiCHIPS, adhesive, gold acrylic paint, white cupcake cups, hot glue gun

I used old cracker boxes to cut out four triangle shapes and painted each one with gold paint. I used a bit more paint around the edges to give the shapes a bit more depth. While the paint was drying, I stacked some papers from the mambiSHEETS Black and White pad with a white doily and a white cupcake liner. Once I liked the way it looked, I added a gold foil jumbo number to the top. Now, I just repeated the same process for the next three.

After all the numbers were finished I glued them down to the triangles. I laid them out along some black ribbon and used my hot glue gun to attach them. Finally, I added a bit of embellishment for interest. 



It really turned out cute and looks darling hanging on a shelf in my house. I always love the color combintion of black, white & gold. It is perfect for 
a New Year's celebration!

You can find all these fun supplies right HERE.

Come back tomorrow when I share some festive wine charms that match this New Year's Banner. Too cute!

Happy Creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment