Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mixed Media Flowers in the Studio

 
I don't know about you, but I think I am ready for spring. I am in the mood for cheerful colored nail polish, birds, nests, sweet little happy projects added to my house, flowers in bloom, and sandals. In southern California winter does not last that long, so it is already feeling like spring. Today it is 75 degrees with some clouds. :) I do LOVE the crisp, cold weather of winter...but, after Valentine's Day passes I am ready for the hearts, pinecones & winter décor to come down. I am ready for the flowers to start popping out everywhere! What about you?
 
Flowers are dominating my creative creations right now too...big, playful, sketchy flowers.
I love them.
 
 
My favorite background collage material lately = my daughter's school papers. Such fun use for them. It beats the recycle bin. When her papers come home, I sort them into 4 places - recycling, special papers to save, a bin for our Project Life albums (scrapbook layouts/mini books too)  and the rest go into a drawer in my art studio for projects. I LOVE seeing her writing pop through on my canvases or journal pages. There is something so sweet and refreshing about kiddie writing!
 
 
I hope you are having a beautiful weekend! I am sure I will find time to spend at my studio table where undoubtedly more happy flowers will appear. :) What are you looking forward to right now?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment