Friday, October 11, 2013

Faux Flair Friday #2 - Mixed Media Embellies

Remember last week when I had a blast making darling little flair buttons using epoxy stickers and some of my favorite patterned paper. Well, this week I have been doing more of the same. Except this week I have been busting into my paint, watercolors, stamps, markers, and Mod Podge to make these cute embellishments. Using paint and your own created art makes them SO versatile! Look at how easy they are to make!


I grabbed some watercolor paper from my stash and began making a mixed media background. You could use some light colored card stock, but watercolor paper will hold the wet media much better. I added book text with some gel medium, doodled with my Faber Castell PITT pens, added inexpensive watercolor, watercolor crayons, stamped, stenciled, and just had fun. The most important thing is to have fun, right? Don't worry about making a mistake. Just mark, doodle, smoosh (is that a word?), swipe, scrape, drip, smear, dot, and create to your heart's content. When you're finished, stand back and admire your beautiful work.





After I let my pages dry for a bit, I punched some one inch circles out. I sorted through them and chose my favorites. Like last week, some I left plain and others I added words for variety. 


I carefully added the epoxy stickers on top and rubbed the back to completely adhere the paper. I just love how they turned out. They will certainly make a pretty layer on a scrapbook layout, journal page, card, tag, or canvas. LOVE them!


I am starting to grow a wonderful collection of these creative little goodies, so I better get busy making some projects! What are you working on? Do share! I'd love to hear all about it. Better yet, leave me a link so I can come visit. :)

Next week, I will be back with some washi buttons. Cute! Who has oodles of washi? I know I do. Let's turn them into some fabulous faux flair!

Happy Creating,
(You can read last week's post right HERE)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! It's been a while since I last visited your creative outlet here. Your talent is getting better and better! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete