Saturday, September 8, 2012

Evolution of a Girl


I love watching or seeing the progress of a painting. Don't you? It is so interesting to see how a creative idea starts, where it goes along the way, and the final outcome. There is such beauty in the process. Sometimes, I get so fixated on the end result that the journey becomes stressed and not too enjoyable. That is not what I want. Who would want that? So I gently remind myself to relax and let things unfold naturally.


 Many times paintings (or creative projects) begin with no intention. The painting simply reveals itself as the layers build. I have to remind myself to be patient though. Even through the "ugly" stage...patience. There is beauty on the other side.

There is such beauty in just letting the art flow too...no intention...no expectation...full of possibility...full of promise. 


When paint was first laid down on this page I had no idea what it would become. It was actually just a page used to capture left over paint, excess paint from stencils, and a place to wipe my messy (happy) hands. I always have extra paper, a journal page, newspaper, book pages, or tissue paper handy when I am working on something. Any excess is slapped right down. I know I will be able to use it later. I hate wasting my paint...even the cheap craft paint! :) The page started out something like this. I forgot to take a picture of the actual background.


There it sat for weeks. Then one night while watching some horrible (Oh, but I love it!) reality TV, I sketched this face. I like keeping a notebook, journal, or random paper with me while I watch TV. You never know when inspiration will hit or when you might be bored out of your mind! :)


Yesterday, I grabbed her while my kiddies slept and painted away. I love using Caran D'Ache crayons and gesso for portraits. I rarely use white acrylic for faces. I don't know why. I just really like the way the gesso blends the colors. You can see that I am still enamored with pink hair. (I would never get pink hair. That is too scary for me. But, I love it on other girls. I think I am too old for pink hair too. Is there an age limit? Lol.)


I kept thinking about the three hearts up top (from leftover paint & a stencil). These words came to mind....

Love will always find its way to you.

It will! I promise! If you feel like love has hit the road today...hang tight. 
It will return! It always finds its way back.)


So there you go...an evolution of a girl. Once the wasteland of excess paint with no intention to a fun little journal page. :)

Hoping you are surrounded by tons of love this weekend!
XO,

3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! And I love watching how paintings and journal pages come about too. The more intuitive the better

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hopeless romantic in me needed that quote Jen hahaha

    As always, your works never fail to brighten up my day. Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen... I LOVE her... such a pretty face... and fab pink hair... the background of your pages are beautiful too...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete