Saturday, January 15, 2011

Starting Restoration :)

I was so excited for this last week to start. Giddy...like a school girl before the first day. I gathered my supplies, squealed with delight when I opened my kit, talked at endless length to Hubs about all the exciting things bound to happen in the coming weeks. I was ready for this! It was finally time to start... 




I can't tell you how much I adore Melody Ross. Everything has been so wonderfully positive, uplifting and beautiful. When I heard about
Brave Girls Camp here, here, and here. Then some more fabulousness here & here. I couldn't imagine anything better. I have been on many church retreats and it is so special when a collection of women, beautiful women come together and share with each other. Magic...right? Pure magic. I am so happy to be a part of this online camp! If I can't be in the mountains of Idaho - online with my new, brave girlfriends is perfect. 

Funny thing is on Tuesday I had a hard time starting the work. I wasn't necessarily overwhelmed or scared...but just kind of, I don't know - blocked? I was sooooo excited. The first week curriculum - AMAZING. But, there I sat staring at all my gorgeous supplies and blank pages. Does that happen to you?  I kept telling myself to just start...come on...slap some paint on there. But instead, I decided my house needed a cleaning and I organized my art supplies!

Cabinet Supplies

 Oh Yes! Then the following day when I had a perfect time (during LoveBug's nap) to sit down, get my favorite sparkling water, turn up the tunes, and get started.... I felt we needed some of these babies...

They lasted a couple hours



So I cleaned, I organized, I baked, I avoided! What in the world? Finally, on Friday night I sat down after the kids were in bed and spent a couple hours on my projects. Once I got started - the flood gates of creativity opened and I felt my "mojo" return! I so anticipated the beginning of class that I threw myself into some kind of creative funk. Well, I can tell you that I am glad it returned. I can't wait for next week!!! 


Creative juices flowing again!
They are planning another session of Soul Restoration in April. You will love it - I promise! :) The Brave Girls Community is up and running now too. It is a great place to connect with other lovely, creative souls!! :)

Thank you so much for my sweet birthday comments. Gives me "warm fuzzies!" :)
Off to my creative spot! 
XOXO,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. so happy you are restoring and creating away....

    i love your honesty about your diverting and distracting....
    sometimes it is hard to dig in and "do the work".

    it is truly amazing what takes place once you simply begin and take that step!

    oxoxoxoxoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete