Friday, December 17, 2010

Oh gingerbread...

how I love thee. I am not kidding. I love it. I think I adore it so much because it is one of those things I only have in December. Who busts out a gingerbread cookie in summer? And it's not just the cookies I love....
I do flips when I can put this in my coffee
Of course, I would love a Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks every morning , but MY WORD - I can't do that. Cha-Ching!

Then, at Trader Joe's they have a yummy gingerbread cake I spotted and had to try. I am very "Martha Stewart", but sometimes a box is just fine. :) I mean look at this - YUM!


BUT...the best part of my gingerbread holiday obsession is our annual Gingerbread House Decorating Night. We get together with my BFF and her family every year. It is so much FUN! We don't just throw the candy on there. Oh no..... we (the adults, I mean) are serious! :)


Nilla Wafer Roof

It is just too much fun... listening to Christmas music, laughter, children giggling...and being dead serious about our edible works of art. Art you can actually eat - perfect! I don't eat mine though. It becomes part of the holiday decor. My daughter loves taking little nibbles off of her little masterpiece.

I love this tradition. We will continue it for years to come.
And hopefully add more families to join in. :)



I hope you all are knee deep in tradition, love, joy, gratitude, Christmas music & carols, wrapping, baking, and most of family & friends. 

   XO, 
Jen



1 comment:

  1. So delightful! How fun! I'm assuming my invitation is in the mail? ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete