Saturday, December 4, 2010

ETSY love...

I love Etsy. I really do. I could spend hours just looking at all the gorgeous handmade things. Drooling over the beautiful pictures...wishing I was a bit better with my camera (in time!). There is so, so much creativity! 

 Many of my friends and family really don't know about Etsy. They look at me with puzzled eyes."What is that?" they ask. I always tell them they have to check it out and see for themselves all the yummy goodness of handmade. Great gifts too, right! 

Ohhh, if they only knew....
the serious need I have for this, oh my gosh or this for my SugarBean, or some vintage, or spruce up the couch with these... see, it could go on & on if I don't keep it in check! :)

All of this to say....I opened my own Etsy shop! EEEKKK!  
Sadie Lane Studio is open. Big step for me...well, let's say big "baby step." There is a lot to learn about Etsy and I just decided to be fearless & open it. It is hard for me to let go of fear. I like to hold on to it like a parachute while skydiving. The exciting part is that I know the shop will evolve. I like things perfect out of the gate...but, I know I have to practice some patience.

 SO...
May your holiday preparations be running smoothly and your creativity soaring! I know with all the shopping, decorating, painting, creating, living, giving, baking, tree finding, party planning, and wrapping (I know there is more!) I have to just stop and remind myself to.....


Big Smiles,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on opening your store! Big fun!
    And I get the, "Etsy?????" comment a lot too.
    We must Etsy-fy the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of us, and yes I know--it's a whole new world in Etsy land. And me too!!! (tired of explaining Etsy to real people, and I light up when someone I talk to, says that they love Etsy!)

    ReplyDelete