Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jumping In....

For days I have been thinking and re-thinking what I should write for my very first blog post. Seriously trying to think of just the perfect words to write....of course exposing my hang up with perfectionism! :) But, I have realized that I just need to jump in. Just be honest and write from my heart. I need to jump in and join this amazing community of creative women. I have been so inspired by such talented, wonderful artists and blogs. What I love most about these ladies is their truth, heart, and journey as they choose to live a creative life.  So this blog is my brave attempt to share my journey and the inspirations I find.


I am really excited, like a little girl on Christmas morning. You know that uneasy but happy feeling you get when you are going to start something new. That's me...total butterflies. It's like I am a child again sitting on the edge of my Aunt's pool. All around  my cousins and friends are diving in with no fear....beautiful dives, huge belly flops, graceful bodies jumping in. Fearless. I, of course, take forever. First I dip the big toe. Then ease my way on to the steps, taking a seat along the side to wait for the perfect time to slide in. Well, this time no easing in. I have  my paintbrushes in my hand, butterflies in my tummy,  and I am jumping in! Brave and Fearless. Wish me luck! :)

8 comments:

  1. Yippy! Yay! You're here!!!
    Congratulations. You did it.
    A beautiful post!
    Fearless Sadie Inspired.
    Warmly,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! My first comment....I love it! You are the sweetest. Thank you SO much for the encouragement!! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if Jenny is following you, you must be something special, so I will jump in too! I love your bannerhead! I am Noelle from http://theangelswearfins.blogspot.com/. I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish you such luck. I started just over a year ago and it has been one of the BEST things I've ever done to start a blog. Such an amazing inspiring community out there.

    I believe everything starts with simply just diving and doing, from there things inevitably evolve. Enjoy the journey :)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. how BRAVE you are! yippy!
    you will be AMAZED at the community of women that are out there just waiting to wrap their arms around you and love you into the blog world.
    honest. it.s true.
    i am so happy that you found my blog about BRAVE GIRLS camp. it was AMAZING. you will love melody and her online class in january.
    i am officially a follower of your BRAVE new blog.
    happy swimming!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on taking your first step :)
    I just kow you will have fun and love every minute!!

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Love,

    I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration to me. I am thankful for the reception and encouragement from all these ladies. Follow your dream and passion. :) I support you 1000% percent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Thank you for all the positive comments. It is wonderful to see new faces and also those whose art and blogs I admire. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete